Tuesday, June 1, 2010

this week feels like an eternity

so it has only been six days since I have last blogged about anything, but I can sure tell you that is feels like FOREVER. there have been a few times that I was going to blog this week, but my mom and I have had other important things taking up our time.

my grandma got moved down here this week from Idaho and is now in the Nursing Home off of 9000 south and 37th west. this situation with grandma I have to say has been one of the most difficult situations for me so far. I see her condition and it makes me feel so helpless. considering that in February she was not in this same condition and she was actually talking. this is also very hard for me since this is my only living grandparent on my moms side. from the news we received today about grandma things are not looking good, but the doctors said that she could surprise us and she could totally bouce back.

all that I ask is that for anyone who reads this to please keep my grandma in your prayers. she needs them. she is going through some tough health things and it is so difficult to see her going through this. I wish so bad that I could have my old grandma back that talked and played UNO and was able to walk. I miss hearing her talk. I miss hearing about the weather, I miss hearing everything she would always say.

as many of you know, grandma has not been able to eat for years, and the rexburg nursing home was able to get her on a pureed diet, well when she came down here they also started her on that along with her feeding tube. today my friend and I went to wal-mart and went to get a few jars of baby food such as the bananas and the pears and the apple sauce for grandma so she can eat some of that, and I had people ask me "whose baby is that for?" and I could not respond because it is not for any baby. since the baby food is practically the same ingredients as the normal grown up food, but just in a jar I bout it for grandma. she does eat pureed food if you feed her slowly and she keeps it down and does not choke!!!! she does very well, you just have to give her time to digest her food.

tomorrow when Joanne and I go see Grandma we are going to take her some bananas that are in a jar and we will feed them to her. I do not expect that she will eat them all, but we will see how well she does tomorrow. I have the food allready to go for tomorrow, so all I have to do is grab it out of the fridge.

I think she will like the taste of bananas, they are sure good. I also bought a few other kinds of foods to try with her depending on how she is doing on the different days that we see her. the days that I don't see grandma I sure do miss her. I would have sure missed her if I was not able to see her today. I am so glad that my mom and I get the chance to see her more often now that she is down here than when she was in Idaho.

again, anyone who reads this can you please pray for my grandma. we will appreciate all of the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment