For the past few days I have spent the day at the hospital with my sweet grandma. I spend as much time visiting with her as I can. Today and yesterday I went down to the gift shop and have brought her a few things from there. Today I found a cute little wind up lady bug and I put it in her window so she could see it. The day before that I bought her a cute little bear that is also sitting in her window and sone balloons that say get well with some smiley faces on them.
As I have been sitting here in grandmas hospital room I have been working on puzzles. I finished two different 100 piece puzzles and I was able to transport both of them home, thanks to Joanne bringing me a poaster board to the hospital to put them on. so then I took the poasterboard back and I have now started a 300 piece puzzle today.
the other day I brought a bag of book of mine from home to my grandmas hospital room and I read a few of the books to her today. she loved that. I have a few Arthur books that I have had since I was in elementary school that I brought to read to her. today I read Arthurs Baby and Arthurs Chicken Pox and she was really intently listening to me reaf both of them and I would show her the pictures and she enjoyed both books.
after I was done reading Arthurs Chicken Pox I asked grandma how old she was when she got the chicken pox ans I said were you little when you got them, or where you a teenager when you got them, and she told me that she was in her early teens when she got the chicken pox.
tomorrow I am going up to the hospital again, and I can't wait to be able to read more books to her and show her the beautiful pictures in the books for her to see. she loves it when people read to her. also as grandma has been in the hospital I have had my boom box up in her room playing nonstop with soothing piano music for her to listen to, and she loves it, she would rather listen to that tham to watch TV. we ask her that all the time and she still chooses music over the TV. Tomorrow I am hoping Dena and I can watch a few touched by an Angel episodes with grandma n my portable DVD player. I know she will enjoy that. she use to love to watch that show when it was on the aire all the time, so I know she will enjoy it tomorrow.
tomorrow I am going to maybe take my laptop to the hospital so I can be on it and see if the have wi-fi up there in her room for when she is asleep and I am bored and have nothing else to do. so then I can update my blog, etc.
in other news, tomorrow is my last day of having to take tegretol ever again for my whole entire life. I am so excited for that. then I will only be on one topamax in the morening and one topamax in the evening for the rest of my life. I still have that post about my fourth week with the switch that I am working on, which I will get posted it is just going to take a little more time.
until then, I will write again soon....
Happy Halloween!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment