today marks my two years at wal-mart. I wish I could say that is has been the best two years of my life, but that is not the case. in the two years that I have been employed there I have had my share of ups and downs.
I transferred to the Riverton Wal-Mart in December 2008. a few days before my one year mark at wal-mart I got coached at the riverton wal-mart for having my cell phone out on the floor. which everyone has their cell phone out on the floor so that means that everyone should have received the same treatment as me.
then about three months later on July 17th 2008 I received my written coching, and then three days after that I received my D-Day. my D-Day and my written coaching were given to me for stupid reasons. one was for not wanting to switch departments since I supposedly did nothing in apparel, and my D-Day was for taking too long of a break one day just because I did not feel well at all.
then I have been called into the ad office for a few different things, like having overtime, and crap like that. I was told a few times that I would be terminated if I continued to have overtime. the only good thing that I have ever been called into the ad office for, is to have my one year or two year evaluation. which both my one year and two year evaluations were both good evaluations.
recently I have changed my availability and my manager claims that since I have not been at wal-mart as long as some of my co-workers that I cannot get a full 40 hours with my new availability, but yet an associate who has the same availability as me gets to have 40 hours each week, and gets to be written in on the schedule. but yet, because I supposedly have not been there as long as some of my co-workers I get stuck with part-time hours! I am going to fight for that all that I can, so I get the same privilages as some of my co-workers. I deserve it!!!
as I go on my leave of absence starting may 1st, I plan on looking for a new job, because then I am hoping I can give my two week notice to wal-mart by the time I get back, so that I can get the heck out of there!! I am tired of what is going on, and I want a different job with better people to work with.
before I reach my three year mark with wal-mart things will change, even if that means finding a different job, that is NOT a job in retail!!
Happy Halloween!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment