Thursday, December 11, 2008

Potluck Luncheon/Christmas Shopping

today was a very fun day. I had my potluck Luncheon with all the Associates at the Riverton Wal-Mart and that lasted almost two hours. then while I was waiting for John and Joanne to pick me up I went and did some Christmas Shopping. I am so excited for Christmas it is going to be so fun!. it has been nice this year to not have too many crowds during this time of year because with it being two weeks away from Christmas crowds are pretty good.

I have a story from when I was back in High School that I will never forget. I believe I was in 10th Grade and I was in my first semester of High School and I was taking a Child Development class. well it was on December 6th that Joanne and I were going christmas shopping and we had several stores to go to and the crowds were crazy, well I had just finished my shopping and I was waiting for Joanne to pick me up at the Front door of Wal-Mart and I had one of those dolls that you had to take care of and I had two drinks that were balancing on the window seal; well needless to say the baby started screaming as joanne pulled up and those drinks were just balancing on the edge, well the flew off the edge and hit the floor! so I grabbed my stuff and the carseat and just left the drink there spilled! so after that drama at the Wal-Mart I just told joanne what to get for me at our next stops we had to make so I did not have to take the baby in any stores again. that was a total Nightmare!

I think at that time when I had that doll with me I had to babysit a real baby so my mom ended up staying home with the doll and taking care of it because she did not want me to take it baby sitting with me so she was watching the doll for me and she had to call me a few times because the doll would not stop crying. I have so many stories of that doll I could go on for hours! this would be so many paragraphs long if I just kept going on and on about all of my experiences with that doll.

Back when I was in 9th grade I was in teen living and we were in the second term of teen living and I remember I started out with a D+ in the class and I knew I could do so much better in that class so I did all the work up until Mid-Terms and I got my Grade up to a B+ by that time. well that grade still was not good enough for me since I knew I could get an A in that class, so I told my teacher I would like to take the Baby Think it over doll home for the weekend and she said okay and sent me on my way with it. then when Monday came I returned it to her and I got 50 Extra Credit Points for it. my grade still was not what I wanted it so I waited a few more weeks then I signed up for the doll again and my teacher said to me are you sure you want to take the doll home again! and I said yes I do, she said you aren't tired of it and I said nope I will take it again. so I took it again for a second time and went on my way then the weekend got over and I had to return it again and I got another 50 Extra Credit points, by this time my grade was at an A and I was at about 133.33% in that class.

the teacher I took that class from her name was Mrs.Ricks and she was so wonderful, when she saw my grade was a D+ she pulled me to the side and said is everything okay Kandice because you are behind in my class and you are getting a D+. she said I know you can do so much better than that, she told me I was missing four assignments and that I had to turn those in if I wanted a better grade. so I turned them in and that is when my grade went up to a B+ by Mid-Terms.

I am so appreciative of her for doing that for me because she helpped me. any of my other teachers that I had gotten that kind of grade in their class did not ever pull me to the side and ask me what is going on, they just let me go and let me get the grade I received in their class. I had Mrs.Ricks all three years of my Junior High years. I had her for a TLC teacher in 7th Grade and then 8th Grade I was her T.A. and 9th Grade I was her T.A. and I was also in her Teen Living class. she was the best teacher I could have had in the beginning of Junior High.

when I become a Teacher I am going to br that way with my Students because you should help them as much as possible, I think that is very important. it will help the student also if you are that kind of teacher. they will know that you truely care about them succeeding in your class. I think this is the longest blog I have ever written, 7 Paragraphs, WOW! well I am not going to end it and continue my wrapping! I am almost done with the presents I have so far. have a great rest of the week and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment