Friday, September 3, 2010

Gallbladder surgeon appointment

Today at 3:30 my mom and I went to the grainger medical center and met with a surgeon about my gallbladder. He asked about some of the symptoms I was having and I told him that I have been burping nonstop for a month. He tried telling me that it sounded like I was swallowing air when I burped and that it was not a symptom of a gallbladder problem! After my appointment I told my mom he was full of crap and she agreed! I have researched this topic over and over again online and belching is a symptom of gallstones! So for a surgeon to not know that is crazy!!

We scheduled my surgery for September 16th! I am so excited because a few days after my surgery I should not be experiencing much pain. Not like the pain I am experiencing right now anyway!

Today when I met with my surgeon he also wanted to do an ultrasound to see where my shunts are located so that Shen they go in they do not hit them during the surgery, so I went through a second ultrasound for that and saw my big gallstone again on the screen. The doctors made marks on my stomach where my shunts are so they know where to make the four incisions at the time of my surgery! Thank goodness I don't have to have the surgery done the old fashion way where it will take me longer to recover!

I should only have to miss a week of work and then be able to return to my normal activity the followingweek after surgery! Yay! I am so glad for that!!!

The only thing that is going to have to change is my diet. I have heard that some foods do not digest well after a gallbladder is removed. I have read on which foods to avoid and which foods I can eat so I know how to stay healthy after my gallbladder is removed! I also read that fish oil is very importantto take after your gallbladder has been removed. Needless to say I have learned a lot!

I am going to make sure I do everything correct aftersurgery so I do not run into any problems. I want to stay as healthy as I can through the remainder of the year and then have my new years resolution be that I have good health all year long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment