Monday, September 20, 2010

Gallbladder Surgery

so I am a little behind on my blogging. I have some major catching up to do! this past week has been rather crazy! I had my gallbladder taken out on September 16th! and the doctors were almost two hours behind!!! so I had to wait FOREVER!!! I was starting to get uncumfortable in the chair that they had me sitting in that I had them get me a hospital bed so I could stretch out me stomach and my gallbladder. by the time they rolled me ino surgery my gallbledder was ready to be yanked out!

the surgery took about an hour and 20 minutes since I have a shunt and the doctors had to be very careful while they went in and removed my gallbladder. after my surgery I was moved to recovery, and got to go home at 6:30 or 7:00 in the evening.

here is a picture of me before they moved me to the bed!



oh and I did fail to mention that I had a HUGE IV in my hand that I could not look at so I had my hand covered just so I could not see the needle sticking up under neath my skin. it was so creepy looking! I could not handle looking at it! and it was so freezig cold in the room I was waiting in, so they had to keep bringing me warm, heated blankets to keep me warm!

I have another post on the way later on today about yesterdays events....

No comments:

Post a Comment