Monday, September 20, 2010

Camp Williams Fire

so yesterday I was just in my house as usual, trying to recover from my gallbladder surgery and I decided to go take a stroll outside and get some fresh air and I walk outside to this........



a BIG cloud of smoke, which kept hiding the sun and getting thicker and drker by the minute!, so I texted a similar picture of this scene to my mom to inform her of what was going on and she was soon on her way home.

then I turned the TV on to see if I could find anything and I could not find any breaking news on the news channels, so I was like okay well what the heck happened then! and so I thought what will I pack up in case our house does burn down, and I started getting all of my pictures together, and everything that was irrreplaceable.

then my mom arrived home and we drove around and found the sopt where some of the fire was, and this is what we found.....



my mom and I sat in the car for a little bit, just amazed at what we were watching, then we saw it starting to come closer and we saw big flames and then we got out of there and went to our house and started to pack up!

in the meantime the winds were shifting and the fire was shifting, and it was starting to come over the hill by our house. then it kind of backed off, but then it started back up and started coming all the way down the hill.

here are the two pictures we got before we were evacuated from our house last night at 11:30!!



above is the first picture of the fire on the mountain right behind our house before it came over it.



this last picture, has my house with the silver car in the driveway. snd the fire is right there on its way down the mountain! we found out that after we left that the fire came much closer than that to our house!

all of this has happened only three days after my surgery. this has really been a pain, and I am kind of feeling the affects of it today. because today my heart hurts, and I am certainly not well rested, and I did WAY too much yesterday evening, Frantically packing EVERYTHING I coulp possibally think of that is important to me. so I am paying for it today, and now I can't find my ice pack that the doctors sent me home with, this really sucks!!!

I am just so thankful that my home is safe and that my kitty is safe and sound in her room! I just hope she is not scared when I get back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment