Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bobby's Birthday

Today is my Uncles Birthday. another uncle that has passed away due to the dabilitating deffects of diabetes. just like my mom and 5 other people in her family he had diabetes since a very young age.

Bobby was my most favorite uncle in the whole world! I wish that he was still here with us on this earth. I have so many special memories off him that I will always be able to hold in my heart. bobby was always there for my surgeries I had as a baby, and he always bought me stuff for christmas, and he always remembered my birthdays!

I remember as a little kid that I would always drink from his diet pepsi bottle or can whenever he came down to visit for christmas every year. bobby lived in Las Vegas, Nevada and we never got to see him as often as we wanted, we only saw him about once a year, which was always at christmas time. the christmasd I will never forget is the christmas that he never showed up, and that we never heard from him. it was the hardest year for my mom and I, my aunt Joanne and my Uncle John.
my family tried to call him when he was supposed to be at our house and had not shown up, and we called him so many times and got no answer, and we called his work and they said that he had not shown up for work, and that is when we knew that something was wrong, so then we had the police go over to his appartment and they found him laying in his bed lifeless.

the police that found him said he looked like he had been laying there for a few days. we had him flown down here and he is next to my cousin Jennifer in the cemetary. I got to speak at his funeral, and it was so difficult for me at the young age of 11, since he was so close to me, and since he was there for all of my surgeries, and helped my mom out so much when I was little.

this past christmas marked 11 years since he left this world and joined other family members on the other side!

we love you and miss you Bobby!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment