this past week has been so tough. as I have written on facebook, it has not been a pleasant experience for me this pas week since Tuesday of last week. what started the whole issue of my job literally being on the line was that I showed up to work at 2:00 and worked a 7 hour shift without a lunch. at wal-mart it is against store policy to not take a lunch before 6 hours. although it is not a requirement for all retail stores in the state of Utah, it is the policy at Wal-Mart here since Wal-Mart is an International company.
so it all started on thursday when I arrived to work. I was called to the ad office over the intercom, then I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach but I contunued to walk closer and closer to the backroom doors, then I continued to walk closer and closer to the ad office. then I was told that I am to go to scotts office (which by the way is our store managers office). so I went and sat in there and Nate and I waited for Kathy to come in there.
once Kathy came in the door, we all started talking, and we talked about what had happened and that I had received a meal exception because I never took my lunch before 6 hours, or I never even took a lunch to begin with, once I got back from joannes office. I told them that I was so busy when I had arrived at work that I totally spaced my lunch break off! if you asked me what a meal exception is, I have no clue, except for the fact that it is not a good thing and you can get in throuble for it.
so then a few days passed, and I began to have this feeling in my stomach that I knew something bad was about to happen, so I decided to text my department manager, and I said, "I want you to tell me something, my stomach is in knots, and I want to know if nate is going to let me go?" so my department manager sent me a text message back saying "we were going to wait until the end of the week to do it because Nate wants to be the one to do it" and so I said okay. well a few days had passed again, and it the mean time I had told Joanne (my aunt) about this situation at work, that they were going to terminate my employment at wal-mart. so then she had John call my store manager on Saturday, which was on October 3rd. so he talked to him for a little while. then Joanne called me and told me everything that my store manager had said about me. he said there is some things we can do, blah, blah, blah, blah. so then my mom came in my room and said what were you talking about on the phone? and so then this is whrn I knew I had to go in her room and explain everything that was happening as everything was shattering at wal-mart.
so then my mom calls store manager scott, and then they talk for a little while longer, and she gets a more clearer understanding of what can be done so I can keep my job at wal-mart. so then scott told my mom that he wanted to meet with her and I and Kathy and Assistant Manager Nate at 9:30 when I arrived at work for my shift. then my mom and I get there at 9:20 AM, and we went to the fitting rooms and I got Kathy, and then she rounded up another assistant manager since Nate was not there, so we had assistant manager Vahid in the meeting with us, also store manager scott was not there, so we had a co-manager by the name of Denis to talk with us about the solution to the very complex situation that I got myself into.
so then we talked for a while about all three coachings that I had received, and what each coaching was for. and today I found out that two of my coachings will not drop off until July of 2010, and one should be dropping off here any time now. so, we went over that, then we went over my attendance, and they tried telling me I had more absences than I was originally told I had, but it turns out that some of them were actually approved, since they screwed up my schedule one of the weeks that I was supposed to work. so I have three absences, two of wich will be dropping off in the next two months, so then I will only have one on my record at wal-mart.
we then began to talk about my medical condition with my seizures and my attendance. we came up with a plan, so that everytime I had to call in due to a situation that is related to my seizures, I will get paid sick pay, and my absences will not be counted towards me, so they will not affect my job. what makes me upset, is why did no one tell me this sooner before I was so close to losing my job at wal-mart. and they told me that they had, which was crap! so we got the necessary paperwork for my doctors to fill out for my medical problems I may have due to my shunt, and my seizures.
then our next topic was about moving me to a different department. now, when I received my D- Day I had to write a paper on what I had learned from my coachings, and things that I would like to see happen. well at the time I did put that I wanted to be in a different department, well that was two months ago. however, I also said that I would like more training in my area that I work in today, rather than just doing the same zoning, sizing, and colorizing things, and then also returns. well my department manager promised me that once she became the zone manager of the department she would show me how to do a lot more so I could actually move up in the company. HA! that never happened, so where do I sit with the company? at the bottom of the food chain! right where I have stayed for almost two years! it is pathetic!! and it makes me angry, because nothing seems to get any better for me at Wal-Mart, it only seems to get worse as time goes on, and I keep getting in trouble for everything! and now I have come so close to losing my job there! so that tells me that the management there really is not doing there job! and I was never trained properly with them since I transfered from the South Jordan Wal-Mart.
so I still get to stay in apparel, and continue to stay at the bottom of the food chain and never move up or get paid any better than people who are younger than me! one of these days I will find a better job, that I am actually happy with, and one that I enjoy doing everyday!
I cannot wait until the day that I get to teach a class of elementary students, and see their cute little smiling faces everyday! evethough I am years from that, it is all going by so fast. pretty soon I will be finished with my first year of college, and pretty soon I will only have 5 more years left.
wal-mart is for the old bags that have nothing better to do, and I am NOT one of THEM!!
Happy Halloween!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment