yesterday was a good day at work, it was busy, and I got a lot of things done. yesterday when I was on my first 15 minute break I made a call to my GI doctors office, to see if they had received the results from my ear nose and throat guys office, and I got the nurses voicemail, so i left her a message, and she called me back a short time later letting me know that they had received the results, but that doctor heiner had not yet had the chance to look over them yet, so she said as soon as he looks over them she will give me a call back.
well it was after 5:00 that I received a call from my GI doctors office, and the nurse for my doctor was very nice and said that he did see the LPR, and would like me to up my dose of dexilant to one in the morning and one in the evening before I eat and see if that helps. then he wants to see me in a few weeks to see if anything has changed. so I am going to start that tonight, and we will see if he has helpped me yet a gain, no thanks to my ear nose and throat doctor diags=nosing the problem!
also I made a phone call to my neurologist dr, reichert, who is a wonderful guy I think. I left a messae with his front desk people to have him call me because I had a question on my topamax. so I also received a call from him at about 6:20 that evening, and I asked him my questions I had regarding the medication topamax. the questions I had were wither GERD was caused by the topamax, and then my other question was if any of his other patients on topamax have had this side effect, and he assured me that none of his other patients on this medication have had this side effect, and that this is not a side effect of topamax.
I told him that my GI doctor told me he wants me to stop taking topamax, and he said he wants me to keep taking it because it is not causing my GERD, or LPR. I told him that he is the 5th doctor that has told me that it is not the topamax, and so he said then I would have to agree with the other 4. he is so wonderful, and I thank him for always giving me the time I need to talk to him on the phone, HIMSELF!! it really means so much to me to have a doctor call me back themselves!! I really like that and I think that it shows that they really care about their patients.
now if only doctor heiner could learn that from doctor reichert......in my dreams, that is never going to happen. it will be interesting to see how the next appointment with him goes. as soon as I have that appointment I will update. the next option I want to talk to him about, if this lates issue is not resolved in a few weeks is the surgery for GERD, and LPR. I have heard it is a quite successful surgery. so if it comes to that then so be it, but maybe by then things will be fixed for good!!
and who really knows how long these problems have been simmering in my body, perhaps maybe years??? I guess we will never know the true answer to that question....
Lydia Marie Brown
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment