Sunday, February 20, 2011

Scope/Colonoscopy Update

this is going to be a long update so you might as well grab something to eat while you are sitting here reading this.

my preparation for the colonoscopy started on the 17th and all I could eat was broth and clear liquids, I think I only had three cans of broth the whole day, it was so disgusting, especially when you are forced to eat nothing else but that for a whole day! then at 5:30 that evening I started drinking the lemon tasting liquid drink for the colonoscopy prep, and let me tell you, as the night went on I started feeling worse and worse. at one point I felt like I was expecting, except there was no bulge poking out of my stomack, just the icky feeling in my stomach and a lot of uncomfortable pains!

then the rest of the night I was in and out of the rest room after that. and I only ended up getting about two hours of sleep tha night because my stomach just kept churning, and I had to keep running to the bathroom. finally I fell asleep at 3:15 AM!!

then my alarm went off at 5:45 AM because I had to be to the doctors at 7:00 AM for my 7:45 procedure. well they called me back at like 7:15, and were getting me preped for the procedure and putting the blood pressure cuf on my arm after I got the nice lloking gown on me, and then they put an IV with fluids in it in my arm, and then they asked me some questions and took my blood pressure before the procedure, which at the time it was 90/60 which is PERFECT! but I was a little worried because I had never seen it that low before, but the nurse didn't seem to concerned, so I didn't say anything more about that. so then they started wheeling me into the operating room and getting everything in the room set up,putting the oxygen cannula on my nose, and getting the Propofol ready for me to be put under while they do the procedure, well while they were doing that and doing other things my blood pressure was being tested and the first time it was 136 over some number, then I felt the blood pressure cuff squeeze my arm again and the reading was 54/63 which would have meant that I was near death. so the nurse went and got someone else while I was laying there, and they came back, and I think dr. heiner came in the room too at the time, but I do remember them saying that they could not do the procedure if my blood pressure was that low, so they undid the blood pressure cuff, and tightened it and then took my blood pressure again and my blood pressure read 110/63, which was completely normal, then they felt like they were okay to put me under and go ahead with the procedure.

the last thing I remember them telling me was that they were going to give me the sleepy medicine, and I told them I could feel myself falling asleep and I was soon out......then next thing I remember was waking up in recovery to my aunt and my mom, boy was I glad to see them after all i had been through in the operating room!

when dr. heiner walked in the room I was not nervous because I knew I was in good hands with him, so I knew that if anything were to go wrong while I was under, I would be taken care of. but I knew that no one would let that happen before I was sedated and put out. I trust doctor heiner completely, and was confident in him. he has always taken care of me during these procedures, as well as my aunt, so I knew there was nothing to worry about and I let him and his nurses do their job while I was falling asleep.

I am now just waiting for the results from the tests, and dr. heiner wants to see me in a few weeks, so we will see what happens at that doctors appointment. but that is my long update on my colonoscopy and scope.....until next time. I hope you all have had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment