this past sunday my mom and I attended my aunts ward, and went to all of her meetings. I thought it was such a wonderful experience, and my aunts lesson was wonderful. I still can't get her lesson out of my head. her lesson in relief society was on fasting, and having a purpose to fast.
as I sit here and think of everyone around me, my mom my aunt, the people who have been ill, and most importantly the people who need us to fast for them the most, the ones who may be suffering from a terminal illness such as cancer, or maybe a heart deffect.
we all need to have a purpose to fast for, and it is very important. last week I went to visit my neighbor next door, and she had mentioned that her son-in-law who has cancer is not doing very well, and since then, their family has been on my mind, because I know what it is like to lose someone to cancer, wither their sons-in-law cancer is getting worse or not, I do not know, but I do hope that he will be cured one day.
today while I was at work, an overwhelming feeling came over me that I should call or go over and see my neighbors soon, I need to check and see how their son-in-law is doing. I don't know why I go this feeling today, but I know there must be a reason, and I will soon find this out. maybe I was supposed to hear that lesson last sunday for a reason, and prompted, by the spirit for a reaso, which is yet unknown.
this week I have been reading Paul Cardalls blog, and he is a true inspiration, he has some touching posts on there from the past few days about his friend who is suffering from severe heart failure. to see his blog go to http://beforemyheartstops.blogspot.com/ the post I read today, is a lot of the reason for this post. his post almost brought me to full tears. very heart wrenching.
there are just so many people out there suffering, and we may not notice it, because to us they look fine on the outside, but on the inside the pain and suffering is so much more. please take a moment and think of someone, that you could fast for this week who is suffering, who may have cancer, who may have an uncurable heart condition, who may only have a few weeks left to live because of a terminal cancer. you may help in some small way, and bless their lives without even knowing it.
Happy Halloween!
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment