Monday, May 17, 2010

week two and three of Topamax

week two of topamax, went well, and the increase did not really affect me at all. I did feel a little more tired in the beginning of week two, but as I progressed in the week I got less and less tired.

my breathing, which was a big concern for me, continues to be great! I still have my inhailers by me at all times. I have them in my purse when I am not home, and then I have them by the bed when I am asleep, so if I ever need them they will always be there. but so far I have on only had to use them on a few days each week, but that is to be expected. I do have asthma, so my breathing problems will not go away on their own.

I have been very pleased with the experience of my medication transition for the past few weeks. I am just hoping that once I wean myself off of the tegretol it will go just as smnoothe. I will start that in week four of my medication change.

with me being in the third week of my new medication transition I have only noticed a minor change, and I have no idea if it is because I slept on my back wrong or what, but my left upper back has been hurting since two nights ago. one of the side effects of topamax is back pain, so if this pain does not go away in a couple of days I am going to call my doctor and let them know that my back has been hurting. other than that I feel great!

today I was out doing yard work, mowing the lawn, and raking up bark that was on the lawn (which there is still more of) then I had to chase my lawn mower down my driveway (boy was that fun!) just in time for a truck to come around the corner up the hill towards my house to pass it to go up the street. thankgoodness the lawnmower stopped when it got to the end of my driveway, since I had to run after it and then run around the back of it since the handle was facing the street and not me!

for the events of today, is why I am so glad today is almost over. now all I have to finish drinking is my apple juice for the day to stay hydrated.

I also finished my puzzle today, so I will be editing my previous post with a few pictures......stay tuned, or if you are my friend on facebook you may go to my facebook profile and click on mobile uploads to check out the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment