Sunday, August 8, 2010

Endoscopy Procedure

two days ago, at 6:45 I had to be to the doctors office for an endoscopy procedure. I had to have this procedure done because I had been having dificulty swallowing liquids and some foods felt like they were getting stuck in my chest area when I would eat.

I had to resort to baby food for a little while and very little liquids for a little while. then I started to not go to the bathroom very much. and eating a six ounce jar of baby food took one hour to eat! with burping involved.

on the morning of my procedure I was very nervous and the closer I got to going in for my procedure the more I was getting scared and I was not wanting to do the procedure. well the doctors gave me something to calm me down, and I went in for my procedure and all I remember hearing during my procedure was me burping during the procedure, I remember nothing else!

I came out of my procedure and into recovery with a sore throat and was very dizzy and did not feel well at all, so the nurses wheeled me out to the car in a wheel chair and I was on my way home with my mom.

I must say that the nurses ad doctors at the hospital were all wonderful and made the procedure very smooth for me from start to finish, especially with how nervous and scared I was. they were so kind. if I ever have to go through one of these again I will never be scared to go through one of these procedures, especially since it was so fast!

I only wish that my insides felt normal instantly after!

PS. I forgot to add that when they went in and did the procedure they found ulcers in my esophegus and that is what has been causing me so much discomfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment