when I was just 10 days old I had my first shunt operation, to be able to drain the fluid from my brain. and then that one failed a few months later, and I had to have a second shunt operation. to make a long story short I had to have 4 shunt operations before I was 1 year old. I also had to have two hernia operations and an eye surgery when I was a baby. I have been through so much in my young life, that I find it a blessing that I am here today. I remember thinking I would never make it past the age of 18. now I am almost 5 years past that age.
I then had to have an additional shunt operation in the Summer of 2001. I remember I was at girls camp, and I felt aweful. all I wanted to do was sleep because my head hurt so bad, and I did not have much of an appetite. after I got home from girls camp my head just kept getting worse and worse, and then all I did was slept and I could not keep anything down. so then my mom made a phone call to my doctors at primary childrens medical center, and told them of my symptoms, and they said to bring me up to the hospital right away.
we arrived at the hospital a little after 12:00 noon, and we got there, and I was put in a wheel chair and I got checked in. I remember sitting in that waiting room for hours. in excruciating pain so bad that I could not even hold my head up to watch arthur on the big screen TV they had in the waiting room. all I remember doing was crying. when the doctors finally got me into a room to check me out I was almost in a comma and they said to get me in surgery as soon as possible. well the waiting game went on a little longer, and I finally went into surgery at 7:00 in the evening. when the doctors went in and did the surgery they said the fluid on my brain shot out so fast because there was sooooo much fluid built up. when my doctors put my new shunt in they did not get it far enough into the cyst so it sticks up a little bit out of mty head, and it is currently not working, but I am doing fine with it not working. the doctors do not want to do anything until it actially starts to not work. I get ocassional headaches because of my shunt and the scare tissue build up, but that is it.
The picture above is me when I was little. I have loved music since I was this young. I started playing the piano when I was 8 years old, and now I have been playing the piano for 14 years! I have been playing the past few days and I have decided I need to play the piano a lot more, I also need to do my finger exercises. I have been slacking on those BIG TIME! and my fingers prooved it today. I could no longer make it all the way through the song "behind the waterfall" by David Lanz. I need to do my finger exercises a lot more.
there was no pictures take at my small party tonight so there is nothing to post on that. it was pretty fun, I had a good time as I think Jason and his sister had a good time as well. I at least hope they did.

No comments:
Post a Comment