Thursday, February 18, 2016

a few thoughts

a few months ago, I went and saw a doctor my mom sees, and he specializes in hormone replacement therapy. it was not until after I went to him that I found out that I was not in good condition in many areas. I have struggled with my weight my whole life, and meeting with Dr. Jones I learned a lot of new things about myself I never even knew before. like why I can't seem to lose weight very easily? I found out my body is insulin resistant, and that because of the bad foods I was eating, like even 10 years ago that is what has caused my body to be this way.

I remember when I was in high school I would eat crap, and I regret it now more than ever, although it is never too late to change our habits. I always remember one teacher telling me I was going to be a diabetic one day because of the way I ate, and I never listened to him. I should have though, because insulin resistance is almost as bad as being a diabetic.

I have changed my ways dramatically, and am eating more healthier than I did 10 years ago, and even as recent as a year ago. if I were to go to my school today I would not buy a bag of M&M's or even something in the food court, I would bring something from home, and in my free time at the school I would make sure I am exercising. my mindset has changed. I am in this for the long run. I am going to get in the best shape, better than I have been in a long time. my body won't even know how to act being in good shape.

the reason I do not share any recent pictures of me is 1). I do not like how I look right now and 2). I am waiting until I am below the number I am at right now before I post any good pictures. when I feel good about myself, then there will be more pictures of me in front of the camera instead of behind the camera!

I have 11 weeks until I want to see where I am at and if I have met one of my goals, I will definitely update before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment